All about the milestones my itty bitty hits and when he hits them. I can't seem to remember to write down things in a baby book so for the time being this is his online baby book for all to see. If you want to see all the other happenings of our family you can look here.  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Happy 6 Months Micah!

My itty bitty is now half a year old! Wow! He's getting so big (yes I know I say this all the time but it's true!) He's a still such a sweet happy baby. He generally only gets fussy when he starts to get tired. 


Skills most babies have mastered: 
• Turns toward sounds and voices
 Imitates sounds
• Rolls over in both directions


Micah is right on target there and does all of these. 


Emerging Skills: 
• Is ready for solid foods
• Sits without support
• Mouths objects
• Passes objectsfrom hand to hand



We are just starting solids. He didn't much care for avocados when we gave them to him (that's a whole other post there!) He loves to chew on food like apple slices tasting the yummy apple juices that come out or frozen peas in a mesh feeder. Next up is sweet potatoes which I'll bet he'll love. The avocado I made in retrospect was maybe a little too chunky as it was hard to get as smooth as I wanted since I didn't have enough to blend in my mini food processor. 


Micah has certainly mastered the sitting up without support and has been sitting for close to a month now. (I'd have to look back and see which date I posted he was sitting up) 


Mouthing objects? That would be a YES! He mouths everything and I mean everything. If it's in his hand it goes into his mouth. He must put everything in his mouth. 


Passing objects from hand to hand. He does this occasionally though it's much more likely to go from his hand to his mouth than one hand to the other! 


Advanced skills: 
• Lunges forward or starts crawling
• Jabbers or combines syllables
• Drags objects toward himself



Lunges forward - yes. He is starting to do this. He is rocking back and forth a lot now and tries to move his hand forward or will straighten his feet into plank position and move that way (though plank position sometimes leads to rolling over instead of going forward) 


Jabbers - not sure there. He still loves to talk and make noise though I'm not quite sure it's jabbering yet. The link doesn't give a super clear definition so... 


Drags objects toward himself - remember 2 minutes ago where I said everything had to go in the mouth? Yea that includes anything in his reach that he can possibly get to through lunging, rolling, reaching and pulling to himself. If he sees something that is even close to in his reach he is going for it and bringing it to him so I'd say a definite yes on this one! 


Well not that I needed a chart or checklist to tell me my baby was doing just fine as I knew that already but it seems he's one the right track as usual! 


Photobucket

No comments: