All about the milestones my itty bitty hits and when he hits them. I can't seem to remember to write down things in a baby book so for the time being this is his online baby book for all to see. If you want to see all the other happenings of our family you can look here.  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Food

Today after church we headed out to a spaghetti lunch with Grandma and Grandpa. Micah slept on the way there but it wasn't as much of a nap as he needed. He was trying to grab hold of everything he could reach and his boring old toys just weren't what he wanted, I nursed him but he was still fussy until......




he managed to grab a piece of my roll. Then he became as content as he could be. He was so happy to have that roll and was so mad I took it away. So daddy gave it back to him when I passed him off to daddy so I could eat without a baby trying to stick his fingers in my plate (or dropping food on his head.)




So after eating some ice cream with the grandparents (again with Micah getting frustrated that he wasn't getting anything) We headed to BRU since it was in the same shopping center and picked up some ice cube trays for making baby food, a sippy cup and some soft spoons. I'm going to start with making him some breast milk cubes to put in his mesh feeder (which I had picked up the other day at Target) since I'm not ready to deal with the mess (and diapers) that come from solid foods and see if that can buy me at least another week or two if not until 6 months before starting the 'real' stuff. It at least buys me more time to research on baby lead weaning/eating instead of the mushy stuff and see what I want to do. It sounds cool (and like less work) so we'll see.



We tried out the sippy cup with a little bit of water tonight. He mainly chewed on the cup and played around with it but he was happy. We'll keep trying - maybe just maybe he'll take some milk from it and mommy can get away for a little longer!


No comments: