All about the milestones my itty bitty hits and when he hits them. I can't seem to remember to write down things in a baby book so for the time being this is his online baby book for all to see. If you want to see all the other happenings of our family you can look here.  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Jesus loves me

I can sing Jesus loves me in my sleep now before if I didn't know it well enough before from working in Bible class and singing it to the children during circle time {and when upset} for the past two years and singing it in general with Abby. 


It's always seemed to have been Micah's favorite song - I could sing it to him in the car to settle him down. Even Abby caught on to that and would start singing to him if I didn't when he was upset. {Such a sweet sight to see and hear when she does that} 


This week Micah has been having a difficult time transitioning from the rocking chair into his crib at night {and nap too but that's a different story} Most likely he is starting some early separation anxiety and he is looking for his mama combined with some probable teething discomfort. 


So one night when he didn't want to settle I rocked him and sang to him alternating Jesus loves me and Jesus loves the little children and he finally was able to settle down to sleep. The next night he was still a little difficult but not as bad as the first night and he allowed me to rub/pat his back while singing. Since then he's been okay with the singing and patting/rubbing of his back and I don't have to sing the songs 500 million times before he's out.  He'll peek his head up and look around and all it takes is a back rub and one or two songs before he's back out.  


I'm sure there are some moms maybe many moms out there who would read this and roll their eyes or at least think to themselves just let him cry and he'll figure it out and sleep all by himself but it just doesn't sound right to me to let my little guys cry for their mama until they fall asleep. They are only little for so long and I am willing to help them sleep without tears for as long as they need. Sure some nights can get rough but it's all worth it for the snuggles. 



He's such a sweet sleeping baby. Can't he just stay this little and snuggle with me forever? Can you see the little Horton ear as he snuggles with his favorite toy?


Of course as I write this he's been up several times more than normal so far tonight because my little guy has a stuffy nose. Poor little guy can't breathe through his nose very well. :(


Photobucket

No comments: